Fire officials say a 14-year-old Lincoln boy battled flames after alerting his mom and sisters to a fire at their home east of downtown Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Fire officials say a 14-year-old Lincoln boy battled flames after alerting his mom and sisters to a fire at their home east of downtown Lincoln.
No injuries were reported in Friday's fire.
Officials say Trevor Tracy heard the fire alarm go off around 2:30 a.m. and warned his mom and his sisters, who are 13 and 10. His dad, Dick Tracy, was at work.
Trevor used a fire extinguisher to put out flames on the enclosed back porch but had to leave the house when he realized there were flames in the ceiling above him.
Fire investigator Rick Campos said Monday that a space heater that had run for several hours drew so much current that it overheated a wire that was touching some wood in the ceiling.
(image courtesy of stock.xchng)
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)